Pages

Sunday 25 October 2015

Du'aa: A Timeless Gift


One of my occasional pastimes, is to go through old gifts and cards I received in the past. I find that, taking a trip down memory lane, and recalling beautiful moments only increases that feeling of gratitude and appreciation for His many blessings and bounties.
Every time I do this, I'm reminded of a few things. That it's never about the size of the gift, it's the thought that really counts. It's never about what was given, it's about the sentiment. I'm reminded, that words are powerful and can have such a great impact, even years down the line, and that the most beautiful, valuable and lasting gift anyone has ever given to me; is a sincere, heartfelt Du'aa straight from the heart - that they also happened to got down on paper. There is simply nothing that makes my heart smile more than it! How beautiful is it that a person mentions your name to Allah, and asks the Most Generous to give you that which they can possibly not? :) 


No comments: