Pages

Sunday 11 October 2015

When my Dress Got Stuck...

I'm always amazed at Allah's perfect timing.
Today, dad and I were shopping for my brothers wedding. Our trolleys were heavily loaded. I wheeled my trolley out onto the road on the way to the car, only to realise my dress had gotten stuck in one of the wheels! I was in the middle of a zebra crossing and my dad, looking amused, told keep to wait so he could snap a pic of me, lol. He tried to remove it but nothing worked.
Out of the blue, a really kind, non-muslim steward walked over. "Let me help you." He said. He managed to remove the garment that was stuck in the wheel (though it tore) and offered to help us unload (he probably also figured I would be clumsy for the job lol).

Anyhow, we thanked him and just as he was about to leave, he paused, turn to us and said: "I'm reading the Quran, you know." My heart lit up.
"It's not been changed has it. It's still the same." He went on saying.
"And you know, a lot of of what it says is coming true."
Me and my dad began telling him that these feelings and thoughts he was experiencing was because the Quran was indeed the true and unchanged words of God.
But what he said next was what struck me the most. So many Muslims today don't even have this much respect for the Quran, he said: "I keep the Quran over my head. But sometimes I keep it next to my bed, on the desk at night in case I want to read it. Is that okay? I'd rather keep it next to me and read it, than keep it high and not read it."
SubhanAllah. This was coming from a Non-muslim!
I prayed for his guidance and then turned to my dad in the car and said happily ... "I'm glad my dress got stuck now." :)

Oh, and my dad caught the moment on camera :p

No comments: