Pages

Friday 5 June 2015

The Climb






It's strange.
How even though one may be so close to the mountain top,
The peak of it still looks so distant and far from ones sight.
Even though the hardest part was overcome,
It still feels like there's still so much more left to climb.
Perhaps You are teaching me that great things take time,
Or perhaps You love to hear the caller call in the depths of the night,
Or perhaps You are reminding me that this life is a never-ending climb,
A journey of many twists and turn,
For one will never truly reach the mountain top,
Until they step foot into the eternal Paradise.
So I will continue to climb.
To pray, to ask, to strive to place my trust in You,
Even when the fog blurs my view of what's to come,
Even when the sun shines and happiness fills my heart,
Because each 'peak' you help me reach, is not the end goal.
But a means to the ultimate goal that surpasses the spheres of this shallow world.
I will welcome the people you place my side,
As heaven-sent gifts,
Fellow travellers,
Also journeying on the same path, towards the same goal.
Reminding each other to continue the climb,
To take small steps in reaching great heights.
Because every mountain is made up of pebbles,
And determination is the key to every success.
Patience is the ultimate tool of survival,
and Du'aa is our greatest, most powerful weapon.
Dhikr quenches our thirst for contentment,
Istighfaar strengthens us and opens doors,
The recitation of your words brings light to our chests,
Love for you fills the empty hole in our hearts,
And trusting in you strengthens our faith, our conviction and our hope in your beautiful plans.

No comments: