Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Dhul Hijjah - Preparing for the best 10 days of the year

So tonight marks the beginning of the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah.

There was an article I came across that explained the virtues of these 10 extremely important and blessed days of the year, and I'd like to share it with you all as I found it very beneficial. May Allah reward the sister who wrote it. Please share to maximise benefit. :)

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/dhul%20hijjah.htm

Additional to that, I wanted to remind you all to prepare for these ten days just as you prepared or would prepare for the last ten days of Ramadhan. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail and so you and I should be motivated and driven in making the most of these days which hold such great value.

Here are some tips to help you set your goals and targets:

1) Make a list - If you're someone who easily forgets what they plan to do and has an extremely bad memory - (just like me!) then it is usually helpful to jot down the things you want to do. I've always found that when I write down my goals and targets or type them up and stick them on my wall, I actually end up completing the task and a lot better too. Write down at least five good deeds you want to do in these ten days, or perhaps write a deed for each day - that's ten good deeds in ten days and double the reward :)

2) Don't overburden yourself - I used to be one of those who would become so extremely passionate about doing something, that I'd do more than what was in my capability and then I'd come to a point where I'd lose all my motivation. So pick small, consistent deeds which you know you are capable of doing and something you will be able to do consistently. As Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:  The best deeds are those we are consistent with, even if they are small deeds.” (Bukari)

3) Do it with Ihsaan - Whatever you do, do it with Ihsaan, meaning excellence. Don't settle for less. Rather strive to perfect your deed and remember to do it purely for the sake of Allah. The Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Actions are by intentions.." (Bukhari)



No comments: