Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Blessed is He the best of Creators


I am in awe of the sky. So many times when I have been feeling low, down, and gloomy I’ve just had to glance at the sky above me and all of a sudden I‘d be reminded of the greatness of Allah. It’s because I remember the countless times Allah has mentioned in the Qur’an about how He raised the sky as a canopy and how from the sky He sends down rain for vegetation and growth. It’s like, I get this sense of peace in my heart when I look above me and realise that there is someone who is so Great, who is so Perfect, so Kind, so amazing, so much so that He has the ability to create something as vast, as intricate, as awe-inspiring as colossal as what I am looking at right now. Or perhaps it’s the thought that if the sky is such a flawless and beautiful creation, then how must be my Lord, the CREATOR of this creation? I don’t know how you cannot look at the sky - such a serene sight even on a cold winters day, and yet not believe that some *being* created it? How could you possibly deny that there is a creator of such marvelling beauty?
"So blessed be Allah,the Best of Creators" (Mu'minoon)

No comments: