Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

A Little Stronger Than Yesterday [Heart Food]




"his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah.."
I was just reflecting over life in general today (as usual). I was thinking about how I've come to learn so much from the experiences I've been through. How, if I were never to have gone through them, I would never have learnt, never have understood the beautiful lessons my Lord was trying to teach me. Sometimes I look back, and smile. I smile because at that very moment I was feeling pain, feeling so much hurt, that moment I had tears rolling down my cheek, that moment I was despairing, was actually the moment that allowed me to become stronger and wiser today, all by the will of Allah.

Life may not be going so good for many of us. We may be at a point in our lives where we feel lost, trapped, drowned in fear. We may be in a circumstance where we feel we never deserved to be in. Someone we loved may have just walked out of our life. Yet, each heart ache, each tear is contributing towards a stronger YOU.

Strength lies in you believing that your life is but a test. It is strongly believing that although your life is not going the way you want it to go, it's going exactly the way your Lord has planned it to go, and *that* is much better for you. The plan of Allah for you is perfect. Because He is perfect, and whatever He does He does it with perfection.

Although...

Many of us can't see it at that very moment. We can't look beyond the surface when we are in a difficult situation - however small.

Everything is a big blur.

We sit confused, drained from over-thinking, confused, helpless and hopless. We feel like this IS it. How possibly could this situation be resolved?

Only to come to realise, moments, days, months, perhaps even years later, the blessing in that situation.

That moment was all worth it.

It was.

No matter how hard you try to wipe it away from you memory, your difficult times will come back to you. For some, it will strengthen their faith, for others it will cause their heart to weep, and for the minority it will give them a little more strength, a little more courage, it will spark in them an inspiration, so that others will somehow benefit from their life's yet untold story.

As one wise scholar said:
"Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you, do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know, that verily Allah does not forget." - Ibn al Qayyim





No comments: