Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

::: Arabic words in the Qur'an :::

Assalaamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,











So, I've recently started taking Arabic classes through my local college. Although, it's more 'Amiyah (slang/street Arabic) that I'm being taught, I decided to continue the classes as I believe it's a good way to kickstart my Arabic learning. I must say, that so far it's going amazing. I guess learning a new language is always fun right? :) In addition to that, our Arabic teacher kindly decided to give us an extra lesson where we study Arabic in the Qur'an. Alongside that, I also bought the 'Word-to-word' Arabic book which is an excellent book I recommend you all save up for and buy InshaAllah. I got it as a gift a few years ago from my parents, and only started to put it to use now and it's really helped with my understanding of the Qur'an.

Anyway, I'm hoping this is just a start of my 'learning the Arabic language' journey, I hope to soon study Fusha (classical/Qur'anic) Arabic and in a lot of depth, bi'thnillah.

For now though, I am so eager to share with you all what I've learnt, but just to start off, I decided that I should share some Arabic terms with you that are commonly used in the Qur'an. Think that would be more beneficial and will help you in your understanding of the Qur'an. I'll post some terms regularly, perhaps weekly, so it'll give you enough time to learn them, understand them and also memorise them, InshaAllah. How does that sound? :)

- Watch this space! :)

No comments: