Pages

Tuesday 7 April 2015

On Trust, Honesty and Heartbreak...





Sometimes I wonder about this weakness of mine. A weakness of trusting too easily. Where, when one shows me even a little bit of care or compassion, they've gained my trust. But I say it's weakness, for, nothing breaks my heart more than when the one whom I've trusted betrays my trust. When the one whom I held good opinions of proves my opinion wrong. When the one whom I would never think of hurting, hurts my feelings.
They say, true friends are those who stay by your side through thick and thin. They say, the loyal are those few who won't let you down, they say, trust those who are honest in word and speech.
I say, such people are a few. And it scares me now, to hold people so close to my heart, to trust... for its never guaranteed that the trust will never be betrayed. And so, I am reminded that the only One who will never break my heart, and whom I can always trust, is Al-Wakil. The Trustee. The Protecting friend. The only One guaranteed not to betray.
Yet, I also know, there are presently gems in my life, gems amidst the many rocks, whom I so hope and pray I can forever trust, and whom won't betray their amanah. They are those whose hearts are filled with piety. Who fear Allah, who love Him, who are honest and caring and helpful. Who when they care, they care for His sake. And any bond based on in His pleasure is worth holding onto, so tight.
In a world full of disonesty and distrust; honest, trustworthy & caring people are more valuable to me that all the amount of gold this world can hold.
And I pray, I truly pray, that He increases the presence of such people in my life. For righteous company is truly priceless.
When someone trusts you, don't ever betray it. You are not just breaking a trust and a promise, but you are breaking someone's heart. A fragile, weak heart.

No comments: