Pages

Friday 3 April 2015

Creative Writing

“There is absolutely no way out of here.” Khadeeja cried to her friend Elhaam.

"Deej. There’s got to be. We got into here *some* way right?" Elhaam replied as she searched for an exit route.

They both kept walking through the forest, crunching on the dry leaves, hoping and praying for a miracle to happen.

After searching for what seemed like hours, they decided to take rest in a cave they found nearby.

“I hope someone will come looking for us.” Elhaam cried out as they both threw off their rucksacks.

It was getting darker by the minute. Both girls had accompanied their brothers on a biking/hiking trip at the Isle of White to raise money for charity. Yet somehow, in the process they had got lost and wondered in the total opposite direction to the 30 other people who were with them. Thus, they were now trapped in a dark and eery forest with the freezing winter wind causing them chills and adding the haunting atmosphere.

“Yep, that’s if they’v even realised we’re lost.” Khadeeja snorted.

“HA, Deej. We’ve been missing for an hour and you think they still won't realised?” Elhaam replied.

“Ahh well, great! I mean it’s not like dangerous or anything spending a night in a forest, all-alone, without wifi –

“- WIFI?! Seriously deej, that’s the least of my worries right now.”

“I kid, I kid. Just trying to create a light-hearted atmosphere, ok?”

“Yeah, yeah… in the middle of a dark forest. Things are so getting ‘light’ around here.” Elhaam rolled her eyes.
 
“Ok, on a serious note…what are we going to do?” 

"I'm not sure..." Khadeeja whispered.

"I'm actually getting really scared." Elhaam replied as she stared at the now dark sky.

"Maghrib has kicked in. Let's pray, Ellie. Let's make some Du'aa."

They stood together, behind a two huge trees. Elhaam led the prayer and began to cry as she recited the verses on Allah being near and close to the believer. They then prostrated and made a heartfelt Du'aa to Allah to open a way for them so they could return back to their team and go home.

"Try your phone again?"

"I can't Elhaam, there's no service."

"Your lips are turning blue, deej!"
"It's feels like -15 degrees Elhaam. I can't take it. I need to eat and drink."

"Ya Rabb, so do I. Let me check my rucksack."

"SubhanAllah... I don't remember packing this!"

"What is it?" Khadeeja asked she rested her head on her rucksack. The cold air was encompassing her.

"Brioche bread. Quick, have some deej, I'm worried about you." Tears were strolling down her face.

"Don't worry, Ellie. Allah is taking care of us. Look he just provided us with food."

"Let's wait till the morning and we'll continue walking along and find out way back."

"They must have began a huge search operation for us now!" Deej said, a look of anxiety was apparent on her face.

"Take my hand. Allah is with us, He'll open a way."

"It's 4 am. Yalla, Tahajjud, Fajr and we'll set off InshaAllah."

"Ok, so which way?" Elhaam pursed her lips.
"Follow me!" Deej replied and they both scurried along.

No comments: