Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Hey, blogger! Just a few thoughts...

Assalaamu alaykum, humans of the earth!




Wow, its been a pretty long time since I've actually sat down to write a post for my blog. It feels good to be back and writing again, Alhamdulilah. Having said that... I've really missed blogger, and you all!

Well, where do I start? It's been a pretty busy few months actually. Ramadhan ended *sad face* and then school/work started for the rest of the family, I also began my first semester of Univeristy. Yes, I'm finally out of school. (Woop woop!) Although, I must admit, I do miss college days. You can't beat school lunches, free lessons and entertaining teachers. Nevertheless, it's also rather fun studying a degree from the comfort of your own home, Alhamdulilah. I was doubtful of whether or not I would actually enjoy studying from home, but at the moment, although so much of my time is spent watching lectures and making notes, I'm actually quite enjoying it! [Sidenote: I really miss my school's curly fries with pizza though.]

So, I just wanted to share a few thoughts on Tawakkul. I've noticed many of my posts have a recurring theme of Du'aa, hope, tawakkul etc, which has kind of taught me that there are so many things in life we may never understand, and that is why we have to place our trust in Allah, all the time, in every situation.

In life, we are all seeking different things. Whether its to settle in a different country, study abroad, establish a career or  raise a family. All of these things can be turned into 'Ibaadah if we have the right intention and mindset. These aspirations we have, are not necessarily bad or evil things, but good, lofty and ambitious dreams which give us motivation, drive and excitement. Moreover, these things are those which give us butterflies and cause us to smile when we think the moment we get to pursue them or reach them.

However, sometimes life can become challenging. We are tested in certain ways, through different things. For example, you may be seeking a righteous husband, someone who can support and help you in your religion, you pray hard tireless day and night, and then eventually someone comes along who fits the criteria, who ticks all of your boxes, yet after countless istikhaarah, something pops up and it never works out. You're left feeling heartbroken, confused, and your levels of hope begin to decrease, you begin to think of all the other ways it could possibly work out, but then after going round in circles so many times, you give up.  Other times, you may apply for a particular job to help in building your career, or you may apply for a particular course to study here or abroad, but nothing really works out, or you are rejected due to something so minor and insignificant. You think about the reasons why you may have been rejected and begin to feel unworthy.

This is when Tawakkul comes in. Trusting in Allah is a beautiful thing to do. It requires you to set aside your desires and plans, and place your trust in the One who has a better plan for you. When you rely on Allah, it doesn't mean you give up. No, it means you try harder, you work everyday, you raise your hands in Du'aa, but you do it with complete faith in Allah. It also means, you have hope. You don't stop at the first hurdle.

That proposal that never worked out may seem the worst thing ever, but now that you have Tawaakul you begin to believe, that He does have someone better for you. Tawakkul reignites in us, feelings of  positivity. Its about replacing your 'ifs' and 'buts' with words of contentment, and replacing the words 'may', 'might' and 'could' with 'will' and 'inshaAllah.'

This is relying upon Allah and being certain for an answer. An answer you may have not originally liked, but one that is good for you in both worlds. It is to acknowledge that if things didn't work out, then there is good in that, and that there will be something better than it.

Shaytaan is going to do his best to pull you down. Trust me. He will try every attempt to make you lose hope after the first stumble, he will whisper all he can to make you feel like all your plans are failures, he will come to you when your making Du'aa, and he will remind you of everything that could possible break your spirit and shatter your faith...but don't let him.

If you have stumbled at the first block, if barriers were put in place at the first time, if you didn't get what you wanted at the first attempt, know, that it doesn't stop there. Keep going, keep dreaming, keep holding high ambitions, but do so with a heart that is filled with certainty and belief in Allah.

As Allah says:

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’ [Sahih Al-Bukhari]
Expect good things from Allah. Expect that He will land you in a job which will be good for your dunya and akhirah. Expect that He will grant you a spouse when He knows is the right time and to the right person, and expect that He will help you reach your goals. Just have patience, continue to make Du'aa, have trust in His Qadr, and watch the amazing things He will do for you. Subhanahu wa ta'aala.

Recently, I've noticed my level of enthusiasm and passion slowly begin to decrease, and the whispers of shaytaan begin to rise, but then, I sought refuge in Allah and changed my attitude to one of positivity and vibrance. I cam across an extremely beautiful quote which increased my levels of hope and reminded to keep going no matter how many times I thought I failed. :)


"And in the last third (of the night), let your hopes (Du'aas) descend to the 7th heaven with the certainty that it will be answered."

May Allah give us the ability to trust in Him. May He place barakah in our goals and ambitious and allow us to pursue them for His sake. May He grant us the best in this world and the next and save us from the hellfire, ameen.


No comments: