Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2015

My Dear Child

Come,
Come to me my dear child,
Run,
Run to mama,
Speak,
Speak what is in your heart,
For mama knows, she knows.
She knows and
She has experienced,
She once walked in your very shoes,
She too fell,
Face flat on the floor,
and yes, she did, she cried,
and she cried,
Because it hurt.
You're hurting I know,
Something is keeping you awake at night,
Causing twinkles in your eyes,
Even though,
They light up my heart,
When I gaze into them,
Causing my heart to melt,
My own eyes to twinkle,
At the innocence in them.
Mama has known sadness,
And it has made her kind,
So be open, dear child,
Be open,
Share with Mama,
Your champion supporter,
Your first teacher,
Your bestest friend.
Hold my hand and let me guide your steps,
Wipe your tears,
And peck your cheeks,
Come,
Let's walk,
Let's ride the waves together,
For although you will forever be my little one,
You are also my number one friend.
So come,
Hold on tight,
With your little fingers; how fragile.
This life was never meant to be an easy ride,
So let's walk it together, hand in hand,
Side by side,
Till the very end.

No comments: