Pages

Sunday 12 January 2014

"Did I not tell you, that you would not be able to have patience with me?" [Surah Kahf Reflections]

"He (Khidr) said: "Verily! You will not be able to have patience with me! "And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?" Musa (Moses) said: "If Allah will, you will find me patient, and I will not disobey you in aught." He (Khidr) said: "Then, if you follow me, ask me not about anything till I myself mention it to you." So they both proceeded, till, when they embarked the ship, he (Khidr) scuttled it. Musa (Moses) said: "Have you scuttled it in order to drown its people? Verily, you have committed a thing "Imra" (a Munkar - evil, bad, dreadful thing)." He (Khidr) said: "Did I not tell you, that you would not be able to have patience with me?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

SubhanAllah, the story of Musa (as) and Khidr holds so many profound lessons. Even Musa (as), a prophet of Allah, the one who spoke to Allah, struggled to stop himself questioning the actions of someone who was more knowledgeable than him. Just like us, he was human.

Yet, how many of us do this with Allah? The one who has the greatest knowledge of everything, both seen and unseen. The one who knows what thoughts we are harbouring in our minds right now. Just like Musa (as) lost patience with Khidr, we sometimes lose patience with Allah and begin to question His plan and decree, forgetting that He knows exactly what He is doing, as He is Al-'Aleem, the knower everything, the knower of every creature, even of the little ant that scurries under a rock in the darkness of the night.

Instead of questioning the plan of Allah, have patience and watch his decree for you unfold, for He knows what is best for you.

And to Allah belongs the greatest of examples.

No comments: