Pages

Friday 27 November 2015

The Girl Who Was Afraid To Fly

"I'm afraid of flying." said the girl as she gazed into the golden autumn sky.

"Why?" She asked. 

"Because there is the risk of falling... again. And I'm afraid."

"Look beneath you, see those leaves?"

"Yes.."

"Aren't they beautiful?"

"Ofcourse."

"Well so can be falling. Just like these fallen leaves. Don't be afraid to take the chance. The sky is your limit and if you fall, there is always a chance of blossoming again."

"But..." said the girl.

"...There is also a tinge of guilt whenever I fly, it's like I feel at any moment the wind will come and carry me away, so wouldn't I rather remain seated under the tree savouring moments of contemplation with an understanding companion by my side without the fear of failure or strong winds?"

"You're braver than that. Never a failure, always a lesson. Take the lesson and trust in the One who is always taking care of you."

The girl smiled. She knew all this but needed reassurance.

After all, she was made up of a dreams, doubts, droughts and streams, and too often they clouded her mind like the hazy autumn sky.



No comments: