Pages

Friday 27 March 2015

The Broken Heart



So many times I've come to you broken,
Broken and betrayed.
Yet, as I held those tiny shattered pieces in my hands,
Sorrowful over that which caused me pain,
You intervened.
Soothed my grief with the coolness of faith,
Calmed my worries when they were too difficult to face,
Strengthened my soul when a weak heart cried,
Filled it with a kind of peace words can't describe,
But most of all,
You inspired me to pray,
Through the agony and tears,
You taught me words,
Which cooled the burning fury and rage,
Which caused my heartbeat to go back to its normal pace,
And gave me another rope to hold onto tight,
Reminded me that light would follow even the darkest night,
Those words?
'O Allah take me out of my plight and bring to me after it something better.'


<3

No comments: