Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

When I was 14...

When I was around 14 years old, a sister wrote me a card, sealed it up and wrote on the back of it: 'Madiyah, The Ayesha of this Ummah inshaAllah.'

As a 14 year old, those few words had a lasting impact on me and still do to this day. It wasn't because I was so happy to be praised in such way, Allah knows my weaknesses and my errors, and in no way did I feel entitled to have it wrote to me. Its not even because I was filled with pride for being associated with a woman whose persona, life and knowledge far far surpasses mine, and it wasn't because it made me feel special or worthy.
Rather, the reason it remains etched in my memory is because it reminds me that no matter what I'm doing in life, how much I may have improved from the past, how much I may have accomplished by His will, there is SO much more to do if I want to come close to imitating such role models.
It also motivated me to want to live up to this title, and want to aim higher. I will never be what Ayesha (ra) was. She was a woman whose faith was complete, whose knowledge was like an ocean, who was a beautiful wife... but I can always learn from her, and let her life and example be a guiding lamp on my path to accomplishing my dreams.
I also learnt that we as an Ummah cry: "Where are the Abu Bakrs of this Ummah?" Yet, fail to realise change begins within ourselves. Why wait for someone else to become that Abu Bakr, that Umar, that Khadidja? Why not begin with yourself! There is no limit to the possibilities when Allah is Protector and the Best of Helpers.
Its not about pride, its about setting high goals for yourself. Its about taking it in your stride to do what you can to improve and become like giants of the past, without letting go of humility and modesty. Whilst remembering that you will never absolutely match them, and whilst acknowledging that all good is from Him alone.
May Allah allow me to be inspired by the ways of Ayesha (r). May He make me much better than the expectations they have of me and of that which they think of me. heart emoticon




























1 comment:

*~ Just Sharing Islam ~* said...

subhanAllah how the words of some people still stay with us good memories are always there with Allah's Will and Wisdom :) mashaAllah :) just found out about this blog and 'following' it for now inshaAllah. Sis Madiyah, where are you from and how old are you now? wasalaam from the Philippines and Saudi Arabia <3
JustSharingIslam.blogspot.com