Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

An Invite From My Lord

And so I stand.
In absolute awe of what I see,
My feet can carry me no longer,
My eyes can no longer contain the tears,
My heart becomes overwhelmed,
My lips uttering nothing but Praises of my Lord,
I gaze up at the House of Allah,
So beautiful, a mesmerising sight,
I am in utter amazement,
At the fact that I'm here,
My Lord invited me to His house,
How I must be so dear.
Alhamdulilah are the words flowing from my lips,
What a wonderful place!
To my left and right I hear takbeers,
People
praying, crying with humility,
O how I could live this moment forever,
Is this all a dream?
Making Du'as after Du'as,
My heart letting go of everything,
I'm finally here,
Makkah - my Lord invited me


I embarked on my first ever 'Umrah trips many months after writing this poem. May Allah allow me to return to His House over and over again, and decree for me many Umrahs in my lifetime! Ameen.

No comments: