Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Meet the traveller! [An introduction]


Assalaam Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakauhu 

So, who exactly am I?



I am a deeply curious Muslimah and Islamic Psychology student, who was born and raised in the UK and currently still residing here. 
I am an avid writer, blogger and aspiring author who is the midst of publishing her first book, Alhadulilah. My passion for children, world peace, religion, psychology and writing is what led me to setting up this blog. Through this means, I hope to write to inspire hearts, touch lives and educate by means of the pen.

The more I learn about by beautiful faith, Islam - one the greatest gifts in my life, the more I always amazed and intrigued. Islam, the religion of peace, provides me with the perfect tools and guidelines as I travel on the road of Life.


I've been running this blog for around two years. It all began when I realised that so many thoughts entered and left my brain in the day that I couldn't keep up with them all! Thus, I decided to set up a blog whereabouts I could store my daily reflections and ponderings that perhaps another person may be inspired by or benefit from.


 Writing down on random pieces of paper didn't quite do the job for me, as I would end up losing papers or scribblings things down in my journal, which most of the time, I struggld to make sense of after.

This blog is a place for me to portray the beauty of Islam and how it impacts my life. Its to share my personal experiences and lessons that I learn through everyday encounters and especially through life experiences. Its a place for me to ramble on about my dreams, goals and ambitions, and its also here to give you an insight into the life of a veiled Muslimah. As many fail to see beyond the veil, I feel its my responsibility to show the world the truth of how Islam liberates women.


There are two reasons behind why I chose 'Al-Musaafirah' as the name for my blog:


1. Due to the beautiful narration of Rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wasallam):


On the authority of Ibn Umar, may Allah be pleased with both of them, who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) took hold of my shoulder and said, ‘Be in the world as if you were a stranger or a traveller along the path.” And ibn Umar would say, “If you survive till late afternoon, do not expect [to be alive in] the morning. If you survive till morning, do not expect [to be alive in] the late afternoon. Take from your health before your sickness and your life before you death.”

(Recorded in al-Bukhari)

2. Secondly, I am someone who frequently becomes consumed with Wanderlust. I have a dream to travel to different parts of the world to explore and marvel at the beauty of Allah's creation, as well as absorb inspiration and ideas from the surrounding beauty that may help in my writing!
Travelling allows one to experience different cultures, meet different people, and allows you to truly reflect and ponder over the wonderful and diverse creation of Allah.

Word of warning: You may find ALOT of repetition on my blog, but hey, everyone needs the same reminder over again some times. :) 


Extra info: I am obsessed with babies, so beware of finding lots of cute, kiddy reminders on here as well as my aspirations of motherhood. 

See, I've already began rambling. If your still curious, check out my archives to see all my previous posts and musings. 

I hope it inspires and benefits ya'll.


Peace :)

- Your fellow traveller




2 comments:

Salām in Wonderland said...

Look forward to journeying with you :)

Unknown said...

I'm all set to go...just packed my rucksack and all!
Let's go!